Niki Haringsma — artist, writer, editor, emdash fancier.
Things I write
- Short fiction in English and in Dutch, mainly sci-fi horror.
- Faction Paradox: The Book of the Peace, a Doctor Who spinoff.
- The Black Archive on Doctor Who: Love & Monsters.
- Entries for Doctor Who charity publications.
- Non-fiction articles on TV, sci-fi & fantasy, theatre, queer/trans issues, and Dutch culture.
Things I edit
- Short stories
- Academic publications
- Marketing texts
- Anything else you’d like me to look at!
I edit works in English and in Dutch. I’m available for simple proofreading and copy editing, as well as complex content/story editing. In addition to this, I’m an experienced and discreet ghost-editor. Please contact me if you would like to talk editing rates!
I translate texts from English to Dutch, from Dutch to English, and from German to Dutch and English. I do literal translation as well as culturally adjusted (free-form) translation.
I also do sensitivity readings on the topics of: queer identity in Western European society, trans identity, non-binary identity, bisexual/pansexual identity, polyamory, autism, neurodiversity, and Dutch culture.
Things I draw
- Original artwork
- Illustrations, ranging from Jugendstil (art nouveau) to more cartoony styles
- Character designs/avatars for role-playing campaigns, video games, personal RP, etc.
- Comic pages
- Cover art
- Little multicolour biro flower doodles all over everything all day every day
I was born in 1986 and immediately proceeded to become a giant nerd. Since graduating in 2010 with a degree in German at the University of Leiden and the Free University of Berlin, I’ve been working in market research, copywriting, translation, editing and communication (in Dutch, English and German). I like green tea.
Where else to find me
Copyright Niki Haringsma 2018